WHO: Schools Superintendent Alberto M. Carvalho; School Board members; Claudio Hidalgo, Sprint’s Regional President for Florida, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands; District and school administrators; students and teachers
WHAT: Sprint’s ‘1Million Project’ Wireless Device Distribution
WHEN: Thursday, October 26, 2017 – 11 a.m.
H. Turner Technical Arts High School - Media Center
10151 N.W. 19th Ave.
Miami, FL 33147
WHY: Sprint’s “1Million Project” was designed to help one million high school students in the U.S. who do not have Internet access at home reach their full potential by giving them devices and free high-speed Internet access. In Miami-Dade County Public Schools (M-DCPS), Sprint will distribute 14,000 free wireless devices and service to participating M-DCPS students for up to four years while they attend high school.
Here's what students can receive through the program:
· 3 GB per month of free high-speed LTE data while on the Sprint network. Unlimited data is available at 2G speeds if usage exceeds 3 GB in a month
· A free smartphone, tablet or hotspot device
· Free hotspot capability and unlimited domestic calls/text while on the Sprint network for students who receive a smartphone
· Sprint Guardian, a free content filter solution on the Sprint Network designed to block access to content deemed harmful to minors as required by the Children's Internet Protection Act (CIPA). 1Million Project devices are set by default to utilize Sprint Guardian content filtering when accessing the Internet through Sprint's network.
· More than 200 students receiving wireless devices (cellphones)
· Wireless device tutorial
· Wireless device set-up
· Help desk for students
· Opportunity for interviews with attendees
CONTACT: Daisy Gonzalez-Diego, M-DCPS Chief Communications Officer - 305-995-2060 or email: DGONZALEZDIEGO@dadeschools.net
Roni Singleton, Public Relations & Community Affairs – East Area - 404-649-8354 or email: email@example.com
# # #