Miami-Dade County Public Schools will host the 2020 Francisco R. Walker Miami-Dade County Teacher of the Year dinner to name the most outstanding teacher throughout the District on Thursday, January 31, 2019, starting at 6 p.m. with a reception at the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Miami Airport & Convention Center. The hotel is located at 711 N.W. 72nd Avenue, Miami, FL 33126.
The four finalists, the regions they represent and their schools are listed as follows:
· North – Ray L. Parris Jr., Hialeah-Miami Lakes Senior High
· South – Oliver Diez, Palmetto Elementary
· Central – Adrienne DeLuv Burrows – Young Women’s Preparatory Academy
· Adult/Technical colleges – Hope Grant – C.O.P.E. Center North
The signature sponsors are United Way of Miami-Dade, Kendall Toyota, Office Depot, United Healthcare, South Florida Educational Federal Credit Union and Univision 23/UniMas 69. The supporting sponsors are DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Biscayne Bay Miami/The Bentley and Fox-Mar Photography. This event is in partnership with United Teachers of Dade (UTD), Miami-Dade County Council of PTAs/PTSAs and the Dade Association of School Administrators (DASA). Kendall Toyota will present the winner with the keys to a new car.
The District and United Teachers of Dade also will recognize the 2019 Rookie Teacher of the Year finalists and announce the winner at the event. The finalists are listed as follows:
· North – Elicel Similien, Miami Norland Senior High
· South – Laura Haim, Pinecrest Elementary
· Central – Christopher Fisk, Miami Northwestern Senior High
· Adult/Technical colleges – Demy Blake, South Dade Technical College
further information contact the Office of Community Engagement at
For the most up-to-date information, please download the Dadeschools mobile app to your iPhone or Android device. Follow us on Twitter @mdcps and @miamisup and on Facebook at MiamiSchools and AlbertoCarvalho
# # #